The George Gregory Gallery on the ground floor specialises in antique prints, with a large selection relating to Bath, along with other topographical maps and views. There is also an extensive stock of engraved portraits, natural history and all sorts of miscellaneous subjects.
George Gregory established his bookshop in Bath in 1846 and proudly proclaimed it to be “The World’s Book Store”. He held the Royal Warrant as Bookseller to Queen Alexandra, and was President of the Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association from 1915 to 1918. George Bayntun and W.J. Crudgington bought the business in 1924 and moved into new premises in Green Street, Bath. In 1983 it moved into our building in Manvers Street.