George Gregory established his bookshop in 1846 and held the royal warrant as Bookseller to Queen Alexandra. He was President of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association from 1915 to 1918. George Bayntun and W. J. Crudgington bought the business in 1924 and moved it to new premises in Green Street. In 1983 it moved to our current building in Manvers Street.
The George Gregory Gallery on the ground floor specialises in antique prints, with a large selection relating to Bath, along with other topographical views and portraits. In the basement is the second hand book department, covering all subjects, with a particular emphasis on 19th and 20th century literature.